With the largest dedicated imidazole production in the world, BASF offers unique solutions which contributes to customer success.
Imidazoles in the Epoxy Resin Market
Imidazoles can be used as:
- As a hardener or accelerator the imidazoles become part of the resin.
- Used as catalysts the imidazoles are not consumed in the hardening process, but make the oxygen of the epoxy more attractive for reactions with other components.
Imidazoles as Epoxy Curing Agents
The advantages are:
- Very long work life (1– 2 days)
- Very fast elevated temperature cure (100ºC –180ºC) Excellent high temperature stability
- Good adhesion on metals
- Form resins with a high tensile strength
Our Product Range