Zero Carbon Footprint Intermediates
Some of our intermediates are available with a product carbon footprint (PCF) of zero.
We are able to produce some of our chemical intermediates with a cradle-to-gate product carbon footprint of zero by using renewable raw materials in our unique Verbund production system via our biomass balance approach.
Zero Product Carbon Footprint Intermediates
- Cradle-to-gate product carbon footprint (PCF) of zero
- PCF of zero achieved through use of renewable raw materials via BASF's biomass balance approach
- Use of renewable energy and benefits of BASF’s Verbund
- Drop-in solution: Identical quality and properties compared to standard BASF product
- Also certified Carbon Neutral (cradle-to-gate) by the Carbon Trust
- Available for selected products
BASF has achieved the Carbon Neutral certification from global climate change consultancy the Carbon Trust for the cradle-to-gate product carbon footprint of Neopentyl Glycol ZeroPCF and Propionic Acid ZeroPCF: