BASF provides the broadest selection of aluminum oxide catalysts and catalyst support materials in the industry. Each alumina catalyst in our portfolio is designed with its own carefully balanced combination of physical and chemical parameters, so that reliable catalyst performance and high productivity can be achieved within each of the diverse range of applications.
- Catalyst can be supplied in tablet, extrudate, ring extrudate and star extrudate form.
- Applicable for vapor or liquid phase Process.
- Commercially proven for dehydration of alcohols to olefins, e.g. ethanol to ethylene.
- Applicable for methayl amine, methyalaniline, fluorochemicals, hydrochlorination, cholosilane, silicon chemicals, etc.
Alumina Catalyst Properties
- Typical surface area range from 50 to 350 m2/g
- Defined pore shapes and pore size distributions
- Well-crystallized aluminum hydroxide raw materials
- On-purpose incorporation of promoters
Crystallinity and surface chemistry
- Various crystallographic modifications such as gamma and eta alumina
- Tunable surface activity via interplay of acid and basic sites
- Extrudates / tablets
Alumina as a catalyst support
- Tablets made from aluminium oxide have been widely used for decades as catalyst support materials in chemical and petrochemical processes.
- BASF has developed a range of mechanically strong alumina tablets with optimized porosity ensuring both accessibility of reactants and ease of impregnation of catalytic agents onto the carrier.
- The surface properties of the tablets may be tailored in such a way that the support will exhibit an inert, interacting or synergistic role.